Ohio Scottish Games & Celtic Festival 2024 Harp Contest
All Harp events will be in the Harp Building on both Friday June 21 and Saturday June 22, 2024.
On Friday there will be a harp workshop for current musicians of all levels as well as those interested in playing the Harp conducted by our judge Wendy Stewart at 6 PM in the Harp Building. There is no charge for the workshop
All Harp competitions will be held on Saturday 22, 2024 starting at approximately 9 am.
We require all competitors to pre-register. Registration deadline is June 5, 2024.
Competitors must be current members of the Scottish Harp Society of America to compete.
Eileen Gannon will lead a workshop for all harpers after the competition at approximately 3 PM
Harp Prizes, Trophies, & Scholoarships
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd place medals will be given for Beginner, Novice, Apprentice, and Journeyman categories.
- Prize money of 1st $100, 2nd $75 & 3rd $50 will be awarded to in the Open Master Category.
- Harper of the Day will be awarded the Dr. Andrew Turner Memorial Trophy
- Most Promising Beginner will receive the Mary Young Memorial Trophy
- Clan Lamont Scholarship to Ohio Scottish Arts School $150 awarded to an Apprentice or Journeyman 10 years old or older.
- Bard's Cup for the Special Category in Song or Spoken Word with Harp
Questions? Contact Tiffany Schaefer at [email protected].Contest Registration